Hiroshima-jō

Hiroshima-jō information

Location
Hiroshima , Japan
Address
21-1 Moto-machi
Getting there
Tram: Kamiya-chō
Prices
admission ¥370
Opening hours
9am-6pm, to 5pm Dec-Feb
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Also known as Carp Castle (Rijō; 鯉城), Hiroshima-jō was originally constructed in 1589, but much of it was dismantled following the Meiji Restoration. What remained was totally destroyed by the bomb and rebuilt in 1958. There's a small museum with historical items, but most impressive is the moat, and the surrounding park is a pleasant place for a stroll.