Guest House Pongyi
Lonely Planet review
Run by a friendly Japanese man who did a stint in Southeast Asia as a monk, Pongyi is a charmingly renovated old shop along a mini canal. Cosy dorm beds are located in the attached vintage kura warehouse. The owner loves to involve guests in local festivals and traditions. It's five minutes from Kanazawa Station.
Services & facilities
- Internet access
- Free internet access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- Bicycle hire
- Common room
- Linen included
Typical Japanese Style Guest House. Only 5 min. from Kanazawa Station on foot, and located by the beautiful Kuratsuki canal one of the main tourist trail. Pongyi is a hostel aimed for short-stay budget travelers and backpackers.
It is especially suited for those travelers looking for more atmospheric and authentically Japanese accommodation.
All of Kanazawas sights are easily accessible from the guesthouses central location.
*100 yen donation to aid children in Asia is included in the price.
1. Free wireless internet available throughout the property.
(also one desktop PC available to guests to use for free)
2. Air conditioner /electric fan
3. Bycicle rental (1 day 400yen)
4. Every single bunk bed comes with a pillow, pillow case, bottom sheet and a coverlet.
5. Communal lavatory and hot shower. (Also, there is a public bathhouse 1 min. walk away)
*Shampoo, Rinse and Body soap. free of charge.
6. Free locker with padlock.
7. Laundry machine (100yen per use. Clothesline drying)
8. Fully equipped communal kitchen.
9. Microwave oven
10. Towel rental (100yen.)
11. Hair dryer for rent (free of charge).
12. Yukata (Japanese style night clothes) for rent. (200yen)
1.5 minutes walk to the nearest Kanazawa Loop Bus stop (access to all major sights).
2.10 minutes walk to Omicho market
3.20 minutes walk to Kanazawa Castle Park and the adjacent Kenroku-En Garden, perhaps Kanazawas best loved sight and among the top three most scenic gardens in Japan.
4.Located very close to a variety of restaurants (including Yakitori, etc.) and supermarkets
*Payment: Cash only
Check-out: until 10:00
*If you wish to cancel, please contact us up to 1week before you stay.
If you cancel after that, we will charge you a cancellation fee.
1week before: 20%, 3days before: 50%, on the day: 100%