Town House

sights / Architecture

Town House information

Location
Montego Bay , Jamaica
Address
16 Church St
Telephone
+1 952 2660
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

The Town House , with a handsome redbrick frontage buried under a cascade of bougainvillea and laburnum, dates from 1765, when it was the home of a wealthy merchant. It has since served as a church manse and later as a townhouse for the mistress of the Earl of Hereford, Governor of Jamaica. In the years that followed it was used as a hotel, warehouse, Masonic lodge, lawyer’s office and synagogue. Its current incarnation is a clothes store.