Lower Church

sights / Other

Lower Church information

Location
Assisi , Italy
Opening hours
6am-6.45pm Easter-Oct, to 6pm Oct-Easter
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

The lower church was built between 1228 and 1230. The stained-glass windows are the work of master craftsmen brought in from Germany, England and Flanders during the 13th century, and were quite an architectural feat at that time.