Chiesa di Sant'Agnese
Porta al Prato
Colonna del Marzocca
At the upper end of Piazza Savonarola is the Colonna del Marzocca, erected in 1511 to confirm Montepulciano's allegiance to Florence....
The late-Renaissance Palazzo Avignonesi by Giacomo da Vignola is at No 91.
Established as a cafe in 1868, Poliziano was lovingly restored to its original form 20 years ago and is the town's favourite cafe. A...
Chiesa di Sant'Agnese information
The Chiesa di Sant'Agnese, with its beelike banding around the façade, lies just outside the city walls. The original church was built in the early 14th century but this version was the result of a remake by Antonio da Sangallo il Vecchio in 1511.