Tuscany: Cycle Siena And Chianti
All content by Intrepid
Cycle through Tuscany and explore some of Italy's most endearing countryside. Ride through Italian vineyards, quaint hamlets and small villages full of culture and a friendly local atmosphere. Admire classic gothic architecture lining lively market squares. Try traditional Italian cuisine, full of flavour and unmistakeably different form the copycats around the world. Finish in the stunningly beautiful city of Florence, full of classic artwork from the likes of Raphael, Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci.
- Take a dip in the thermal springs of Bagno Vignoni.
- Enjoy panoramic views of Tuscany.
- Cycle through quaint towns and hamlets.
- Stroll through the classic gothic architecture of Siena.
- Walk the town walls by the ancient towers of San Gimignano.
- Admire the artworks of Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo in Florence.
Days 1-2 San Quirico
An enchanting medieval town on the Via Francigena, an the ancient pilgrimage route, San Quirico retains its imposing walls, Romanesque churches and charming atmosphere.
Days 3-4 Siena
Among Italy's most captivating cities, Siena is a stunning experience with its majestic Gothic churches, friendly locals and one of Europe's great medieval squares.
Days 5-6 Castellina
Surrounded by picturesque vineyards and olive groves, Castellina in Chianti was an important town during the Middle Ages due to its strategic position between Florence and Siena.
Days 7-8 Florence
Awash with artistic treasures, Florence is Italy's most revered city for its Renaissance and religious masterpieces, enchanting historic centre and unsurpassed beauty.
Maximum of 15 travellers per group
Bicycle, Support vehicle
1. You may bring your own bike, or hire one at additional cost. Your sales consultant will be able to advise the cost for bike hire. Please see Trip Notes (Important Notes) for details.