Via del Governo Vecchio
This unassuming sculpture is Rome’s most famous ‘talking statue’. During the 16th century, when there were no safe outlets for dissent,...
Built between 1644 and 1650, this elegant baroque palazzo has been home to the Brazilian Embassy since 1920. It's not open to the...
A self-consciously stylish bar-club in a converted 14th-century chapel, Bloom has Philippe Stark lighting and minimalist look that...
With a few inside tables and a mile-long menu of panini, the affectionately named ‘dirty one’ is a reliable choice for a quick fill-up....
Via del Governo Vecchio information
Striking off west from Piazza Pasquino, Via del Governo Vecchio is an atmospheric cobbled street full of fashion boutiques, popular eateries and vintage clothes shops. The road, once part of the papal processional route between the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano and St Peter's, acquired its name (Old Government St) in 1755 when the pontifical government relocated from Palazzo Nardini at No 39 to Palazzo Madama.
The Renaissance architect Bramante is though to have lived at No 123.