Chiesa di Santa Maria Sopra Minerva
Built on the site of an ancient temple to Minerva, the Dominican Chiesa di Santa Maria Sopra Minerva is Rome’s only Gothic church....
A 2000-year-old temple, now church, the Pantheon is the best preserved of ancient Rome’s great monuments. In its current form it dates...
Piè di Marmo
American students and their fans love to hang at this down-at-heel pub-bar, tucked near the Pantheon. It has spindly tables and chairs...
It’s unusual to find good Chinese food in Rome, and this five-room feng shui-designed restaurant is something entirely different: a...
Lonely Planet review
Just south of the Pantheon, the Elefantino is a curious and much-loved sculpture of a puzzled elephant carrying a 6th-century-BC Egyptian obelisk. Unveiled in 1667 and designed to glorify Pope Alexander VII, the elephant, symbolising strength and wisdom, was sculpted by Ercole Ferrata to a design by Bernini. The obelisk was taken from the nearby Chiesa di Santa Maria Sopra Minerva.