AddressVia Solferino 9 RomeSee nearby area
For rates, enter dates/guests
Lonely Planet review
The long-established M&J is a hostel-cum-hotel run by two well-travelled brothers. There are a number of brightly painted dorms (up to 10 people), one of which is female-only and some of which have their own bathrooms. The doubles are more upmarket, decorated in a chic, Zen style, and have air-con (dorms don’t). There’s 24-hour reception and a kitchen. The owners operate the Living Room bar downstairs, where breakfast is served as well as cheap meals, and which opens late. You can get deals if you book online. There’s also wi-fi.
Our independent authors have visited M&J Hostel and selected this as one of our recommended hostels in Monti, Esquilino & San Lorenzo.
Description provided by property
M& J Place Hostel / Hotel, opened in 1995, has the best location in Rome. It is a 2 minute walk from main Termini Station, Shuttle buses to/from airports, and is just walking distance to main sites.
M& J Hostel is good value for money with many facilities and amenities for the right price! We have both dorms as well as luxury Zen-style private hotel rooms in the heart of Rome.
“So, wake-up and enjoy a hot shower with clean towels, grab a buffet breakfast in our cafe and chat with your friends, free Wi-Fi! Then, discover the city on our maps and see the sights on our Tours. Take advantage of the no-lockout and be ready for a delicious pizza or pasta in our cafe, or meet people in our common room. You may end up with them for a drink! You can stay out all night as we are open 24 hours with no curfew . Leave your luggage with us in our free storage room before your departure by train (2mins), Bus (2mins) or taxi. Arrivederci a Roma! “
Hostel Services Include:
- 24 Hour Reception
- 7 Euros ( Ham Omelette Tomato Mozzarella fresh orange juice and coffee ) or 3 Euros 'Colazione Italiana' ( Cappuccino, Cornetto and Juice )
- Free fast WiFi in common areas, Free additional computers to use
- Free Fresh Linen
- Use of fully equipped Kitchen ( 3pm - 10pm )
- Free Maps and Information available 24 hours a day
- Hot Showers 24hrs
- Towels to rent ( 2 Euro )
- No Curfew or Lock-out
- Non-Smoking Bedrooms
- Common open until late
- Lively Bar and Restaurant on the ground floor of the hostel - The Living Room Café -offer great discounts
- Small safety box for valuables
- Discounts also at local facilities/services including Laundromat, Scooter Rental, Bar, Clubs, Tours and more
- Tours of the City and Vatican available (extra fee )
- Taxi to/from airport (50Euro, on request)
- Luggage room available for free upon arrival and until 9pm on day of departure.
- Free Info on other hostels or destinations in Italy
- No elevator available
- And…..if it’s your Birthday, We give you a nice surprise gift!
In the Private Rooms we offer extra services like TV with international channels, computer with free internet access , AC, Energy Saving System for electricity, towels, computer sized safe box
To relax, have a look at our Italian Restaurant and Bar The Living Room Cafe which is open all day, and which offer great discounts to hostel guests. So, if you are craving a cappuccino and croissant, pasta, salad or pizza, The Living Room Cafe is the place to be for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or for a cold beer or cocktail with friends in the evening. Also, we have a special selection of homemade Italian desserts and pastries, including a mouth-watering Tiramisu’.
Not all rooms have the same services included in the price.
- Payment is cash only upon arrival.
- Cancellations are accepted two days before arrival, using the email you reserved with
- You must re-confirm your booking before arrival
Room prices do not include the new Rome City Tax (01/01/2011) which is €3,50 per person per night
For groups larger than 20 people, please use the special inquiry form, otherwise your booking will not be processed.
Services & facilities
- Bicycle Parking
- Bicycle Hire
- Board games
- Book Exchange
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Linen Included
- Outdoor Terrace
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Luggage Storage
- Airport Transfers
- Shuttle Bus
Bureau de Change/ATM
- Currency Exchange
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Internet Access
Museo Nazionale Romano: Terme di Diocleziano
The Terme di Diocleziano was ancient Rome's largest bath complex, covering about 13 hectares and with a capacity for 3000 people. Today...
Divulgazione Lingua Italiana
School offering a range of language and cultural courses.
Museo Nazionale Romano: Palazzo Massimo alle Terme
One of Rome's great unheralded museums, this is a fabulous treasure trove of classical art. The ground and 1st floors are devoted to...