Ponte di Tiberio
Museo della Città
This rambling museum is best known for its Roman section. Spread over several rooms with excellent bilingual (Italian/English) signage...
Palazzo del Municipio
The city's finest palazzi hug the attractive Piazza Cavour. On its northern flank, Palazzo del Municipio, built in 1562 and...
Palazzo del Podestà
This imposing Gothic palazzo on the northern edge of pretty Piazza Cavour dates to the 14th century.
Early risers bump into the remnants of last night's dance marathons in this swish cafe on Rimini's main square. Mornings are for...
New owners have lovingly preserved the recipes and traditions of this former inn just north of the old Roman bridge, which has welcomed...
Ponte di Tiberio information
The majestic five-arched Tiberius' Bridge dates from AD 21. In Roman times it marked the start of the Via Emilia – the important arterial road between the Adriatic Coast (at Rimini) and the Po River valley (at Piacenza) – which linked up here with the Via Flaminia from Rome. These days, the bridge still connects Rimini's city centre to the old fishing quarter of Borgo San Giuliano and rests on its original foundations consisting of an ingenious construction of wooden stilts.