Lutheran Church of the Redeemer

sights / Architecture

Lonely Planet review

Dominating the Old City skyline with its tall white tower, the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer was built in 1898 on the site of the 11th-century church of St Mary la Latine. The closed northern entrance porch is medieval, decorated with the signs of the zodiac and the symbols of the months. The tower is popular for its excellent views over the Old City.