- Ethiopia St
- admission free
- 9am-1pm & 2-6pm
Lonely Planet review for Ethiopian Church
Tucked away on narrow, leafy Ethiopia St is the impressive bronze-domed Ethiopian Church. Built between 1896 and 1904, the church’s entrance gate features the carved Lion of Judah, an emblem believed to have been presented by Solomon to the Queen of Sheba, Ethiopia’s queen, when the queen visited Jerusalem. The gate also has inscriptions in Ge’ez, an ancient language of Ethiopia. Visitors are asked to leave their shoes at the door before entering.