Historic Ship sights in Ireland
- Sort by:
The Hamilton Graving Dock, just northeast of the Odyssey Complex, is now the permanent berth of SS Nomadic – the only surviving vessel of the White Star Line (the shipping company that owned the Titanic). In 2006 she was rescued from the breaker's yard and brought to Belfast. The little steamship once served as a tender ferrying 1st- and 2nd-class passengers between Cherbourg Harbour and the giant Olympic Class ocean liners (which were too big to dock at the French port); on 10 April 1912 she delivered 142 1st-class passengers to the ill-fated Titanic. She was still undergoing restoration work at the time of research, but should be open to the public by April 2012.