St Eugene’s Cathedral
People's Gallery Murals
The 12 murals that decorate the gable ends of houses along Rossville St, near Free Derry Corner, are popularly referred to as the...
Museum of Free Derry
Just off Rossville St, this museum chronicles the history of the Bogside, the civil rights movement and the events of Bloody Sunday...
Bloody Sunday Memorial
A simple granite obelisk that commemorates the 14 civilians who were shot dead by the British Army on 30 January 1972. Bloody Sunday...
Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin
This cultural centre devoted to the Irish language stages performances of traditional Irish music, poetry and dance.
Brown's in Town
There's a definite art deco feel to the decor in Brown's new restaurant, bringing an much-needed touch of glamour and sophistication to...
Lonely Planet review
The Roman Catholic St Eugene’s Cathedral was begun in 1851 as a response to the end of the Great Famine, and dedicated to St Eugene in 1873 by Bishop Kelly; the handsome east window (1891) is a memorial to the bishop. The bells of St Eugene’s still ring every night at 9pm as a reminder of the Penal Laws (in force from 1691 until the early 19th century) which forbade Catholics from attending mass and subjected them to a 9pm curfew.