AddressBothar na mBan Wood Quay, Galway GalwaySee nearby area
For rates, enter dates/guests
Lonely Planet review
Big (over 200 beds), busy backpacker base done out in trademark red with plenty of services, including a pool table, BBQ terrace and large kitchen. Reception is open 24/7.
Our independent authors have visited Sleepzone and selected this as one of our recommended hostels in Galway City.
Description provided by property
Friendly, clean, safe and central with great facilities – and always great value for money (light breakfast included along with FREE internet and Wi-Fi enabled rooms, FREE Tea and Coffee all day, FREE safes by Reception with your own padlock).
Galway Tour Company leaves from the hostel every morning for tours of Connemara (incl. Kylemore Abbey) and The Burren (incl. Cliffs of Moher) with discounted tickets available from Reception.
We have the best facilities by far of any hostel in Galway:
- We've a huge, newly re-fitted and fully-equipped self-catering kitchen and dining area, plus our great TV lounge with HD TV and a large selection of Irish interest movies and popular DVDs.
- We also have quieter, snug reading lounges with extensive libraries of travel books, books of Irish interest and other subjects.
- We provide complimentary self-service tea/coffee all day as well as and toasts, spreads, cereal and Hot Chocolate every morning.
- Free safes for valuables are located by Reception (just bring along your own padlock, or you can purchase one from Reception)
- Large coin operated lockers provided for extra security if desired
- Our self-service laundry room features coin laundry, ironing and other services, with laundry detergent provided for free.
- We offer free internet (with PC terminals for guests) and free Wi-Fi plus international power sockets for those with their own laptops.
- Almost all rooms (incl. dorms) are en suite with own private bathroom, and there are extra bathroom facilities on each corridor.
We’re located right in the centre of Galway – but not in the noisiest part. All the action is around the corner – but it’s not outside our front door. We’re just 100 metres from Eyre Square and three minutes’ walk from the two main bus and train depots.
Sleepzone is the best-located hostel for NUIG, cinemas and shopping, Black Box venue, Town Hall Theatre and most of Galway’s best attractions.
Not only are we a great base for Galway – but we’re also great base for the wider West of Ireland: our partners offer discounted tours to The Cliffs of Moher, Connemara and the Aran Islands. They go every morning with pick-up at our front door. Our tour partners also offer jump-off/jump-on facility with our sister hostels in Connemara and The Burren, should you decide that you want to stay overnight in these locations.
Our staff are a mix of local and backpacker staff and they can give you the best of local and touristic perspectives on what’s on in the city and what to do and where to go in the West of Ireland . Our staff have insider knowledge which they can customise to your requirements; whether you’re looking for a crazy pub or a cosy pub, some Irish music or theatre, a comedy show – or some historical or cultural information.
We have our own customized maps of Galway showing all places of interest – and our own recommendations.
Come and see for yourselves why Sleepzone has been consistently voted one of Ireland and Europe's (and in 2013 the World's !) leading hostels for over ten years.
Services & facilities
- Bicycle Parking
- Free Breakfast
- Board games
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Towels Included
- Washing machine
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Outdoor Terrace
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Security Lockers
- Luggage Storage
Bureau de Change/ATM
- Currency Exchange
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Internet Access
Guarding the upper side of Eyre Square, this out of context doorway (1627) is an imposing, if forlorn, fragment from the home of one of...
Galway's central public square is busy in all but the harshest weather. A welcome open green space with sculptures and pathways, its...
Entertaining, informative bus tours of Connemara, the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher, departing from Galway bus station, plus hop-on...
Town Hall Theatre
The Town Hall Theatre features Broadway and West End shows and visiting singers.
With a small collection of books and artwork for sale, pea-green Renzo is a good-looking spot brewing up fine coffees and serving...