go to content go to search box go to global site navigation


Unless you are definitely sure that your health coverage at home will cover you in Bali and Lombok, you should take out travel insurance; bring a copy of the policy as evidence that you're covered. It's a good idea to get a policy that pays for medical evacuation if necessary.

Some policies specifically exclude 'dangerous activities,' which can include scuba diving, renting a local motorcycle and even trekking. Be aware that a locally acquired motorcycle licence isn't valid under some policies.

Worldwide travel insurance is available at www.lonelyplanet.com/bookings. You can buy, extend and claim online anytime – even if you're already on the road.