Welcome to the Indian Subcontinent branch, please read this thread first!
If you have any general tips about travelling in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh or Bhutan, suitable for a FAQ list, feel free to post them in here
Note: Commercial advertising is prohibited on the Thorn Tree as per our Website Terms. If you come across any tour operators advertising or spamming their business on Thorn Tree (or by private message), please report this to the moderators using the…
I'm currently living in England on a Working Holiday Visa (Youth Mobility Scheme) that allows me to stay in the country for two years and work (this expires April 2017). I'm a Canadian citizen living with my English boyfriend, and we are looking to go to India for 6 months starting April next year.
My question is, not being a citizen of the UK, am I able to apply for a 6 month Indian tourist visa while in England?
I have looked everywhere for an answer to this and so far have…
I have 2 options and need your advice as to which to choose:
1) Fly - Varanasi - Delhi - Amritsar, and then visit Dharamsala, Manali, Kaza(if Kunzum La is still open), Tabo, Recong Peo, Sarahan, Shimla - Delhi; or Dharamsala, Manali, Shimla(if Kunzum La is closed), Sarahan, Recong Peo, Tabo, Kaza and spend 2 days to back track back to Delhi;
2) Varanasi to Himachal Pradesh by overnight train or bus. The advantage in this option is I can wind-along and travel more freely and start/leave from…
May I know where can I check the dates for their winter closing for the last few years ?
I will be coming out from Nepal in mid-October to visit Himachal Pradesh, wonder if I have enough time to make a loop and leave from Manali to Dharamsala to Delhi in about 2 weeks.
Spicejet informed me my flight from Varanasi to Amritsar(via Delhi) is cancelled and told to phone them,no online chat or e-mail.
I guess they will offer me 2 change my flights but a check on their website show if I still wish to connect on the same day now, the time between the arrival and next flight is only 1.5 hours. Do you think I should risk it ? I do not wish to waste a day. How punctual is Spicejet flights ?
I am arriving Goa on the 7th of October. I’m only staying for 16 days. Not sure where to stay, and what not to miss yet. Input is much appreciated.
I am a seasoned traveler. But this is my first visit to India. When I am traveling I do like to move around and explore. I do like to spend some time on the beach, although I don’t travel just for staying on the beach. I’m not a beach bum.
I have some ideas for this trip. I would love to rent a motorbike to get around and see as much as possible…
Hi - I just got a 10 year, multiple entry tourist visa here in Vancouver. I went through the BLS agency, and it was as simple as could be.
- Downloaded and filled out the visa application - only one copy required.
- Took the application in person to the BLS office downtown. I waited for about 15 minutes. They took my photograph there (for an extra $15)
- Required proof of income, so I simply gave them a PDF of a recent bank statement.
- Paid $202 using debit (they don't take credit cards)
I have been trying to book 'Ganpati Guest house' in Varanasi as it has such great reviews and I like the location. They have offered me a room at 'Ganpati Home' a sister guest house a short walk away. Has anyone stayed here? Is it any good? I have previously stayed in Yogi Lodge, Golden Lodge, Alka and Teerth guest houses. I like to try somewhere different each time. Any recommendations for approx 1500 rp a night?