- Rákóczi Ferenc utca 3 City Centre
Lonely Planet review for synagogue
The lovely twin-towered Moorish building across the street from the Szombathely Gallery is the former synagogue designed in 1881 by the Viennese architect Ludwig Schöne. Today it houses a music school and the attached Béla Bartók Concert Hall. A plaque marks the spot from where '4228 of our Jewish brothers and sisters were deported to Auschwitz on 4 July 1944'.