- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about England, Sco…
Welcome to the UK, described by Lonely Planet in the latest UK guide as "simply one of the most beautiful islands on earth". You'll find that whilst people can appear flippant and/or sarcastic on this branch, it's only part of the unique British sense of humour so don't take it personally.
Please read this thread first before you ask a question, hopefully you'll find your answer already inside!
Feel free to add anything relevant to the thread too. Before we start though, here's some advice from…
My grandson is going on holiday tmrw but visa expired. Passport office Newport Cardiff no help. Is there a last minute way around this or is there a foreign office branch in Cardiff please.
I am a South African expat who is currently living in the UK on an ancestral Visa.
I would like to take a few trips into the EU for the odd holiday. For this I need a multiple entry Shengen Visa... However I am not sure where to start?!
I have heard I need to apply at the embassy of an EU country, a friend suggested the Italian embassy.
Could someone explain what the process is? What I will need? Perhaps a company that will assist?
Any advice will help, I am currently based in…
Hey all…my husband and I are travelling to Ireland this October… I have only been to Donegal (back in 1992) . We are flying in and out of Dublin. We are booking a WagJag deal though Great Value Vacations that gives us 6 B&B coupons (our choice of where to stay) as well as two castle stays - one night at Cabral Castle and one night at Kilronan Castle in Roscommon.
Just looking for any recommended B&B or sights to see along the way.
Our idea is to head south from Dublin all the way around to…
Hello guys! I am a young guy who lives in Norway and now wants to move to England and find a jobb on fish vessel. I am looking for some experience along different culture, people and language. I am very hard worker and physically good with job i told to do.
My problem is that i dont know where to search for these type of work. Where to find people and search for application. I thought about you guys helping me to find out about this. Is there someone who have any idea?
Sorry for my bad…
Hello all - will be arriving (internationally - weekday) at Heathrow airport 6:35 am and will take Heathrow Express from the airport to Paddington then the Tube to St Pancras for the Eurostar to France. How much time should we allow to clear customs - take the Express and Tube to St Pancras? We will not have any checked luggage.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
I have come to the FAQs & feedback forum in order to get some help regarding my currency situation for my upcoming trip. I will be travelling through Iceland, England and Ireland for about a month.. and will be working in three different currencies (ISK, pounds, and euros). I was wondering if any of you had insight on the best options to go about bringing money. Some people have mentioned to bring a bit of cash but to work the rest with my credit card, others told me to do it all in…
I’m planning a honeymoon trip to Ireland next May and want to make sure of a couple things:
- I want to make sure that this trip is feasible timewise so that we won’t feel rushed.
- I want to have a diverse experience of Ireland. I want to experience the culture and food (fine dining and pub scene), experience a little bit of luxury(spend a few nights in a nice hotel, then stay in less expensive places; I’ve read that B&B’s are an excellent way to experience Ireland), and have…
I will be visiting a grave in Sandymount Cemetery but I cannot find online the hours. Does anyone know how I can find this out, or can someone look this up for me? Or is the cemetery open 24 hours a day?