- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about England, Sco…
Welcome to the UK, described by Lonely Planet in the latest UK guide as "simply one of the most beautiful islands on earth". You'll find that whilst people can appear flippant and/or sarcastic on this branch, it's only part of the unique British sense of humour so don't take it personally.
Please read this thread first before you ask a question, hopefully you'll find your answer already inside!
Feel free to add anything relevant to the thread too. Before we start though, here's some advice from…
Hello all - will be arriving (internationally - weekday) at Heathrow airport 6:35 am and will take Heathrow Express from the airport to Paddington then the Tube to St Pancras for the Eurostar to France. How much time should we allow to clear customs - take the Express and Tube to St Pancras? We will not have any checked luggage.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
I have come to the FAQs & feedback forum in order to get some help regarding my currency situation for my upcoming trip. I will be travelling through Iceland, England and Ireland for about a month.. and will be working in three different currencies (ISK, pounds, and euros). I was wondering if any of you had insight on the best options to go about bringing money. Some people have mentioned to bring a bit of cash but to work the rest with my credit card, others told me to do it all in…
I’m planning a honeymoon trip to Ireland next May and want to make sure of a couple things:
- I want to make sure that this trip is feasible timewise so that we won’t feel rushed.
- I want to have a diverse experience of Ireland. I want to experience the culture and food (fine dining and pub scene), experience a little bit of luxury(spend a few nights in a nice hotel, then stay in less expensive places; I’ve read that B&B’s are an excellent way to experience Ireland), and have…
I will be visiting a grave in Sandymount Cemetery but I cannot find online the hours. Does anyone know how I can find this out, or can someone look this up for me? Or is the cemetery open 24 hours a day?
I apologize in advance for my terrible English level.
I am a 20 year old french girl living currently in Paris and I am trying to plan a 3-4 day trip in England.
I will stay one or two days in London but I have already visited all the "touristic places" (as Westminster, Camden, Tower bridge, Tower hill, Notting hill, Big ben, Picadilly, London eye etc.)I would love to discover less touristic places that's why I decided to visit another London district.
I heard that Hammersmith…
Hi, I'm a 20 year old female backpacking in the UK mid August for only about 3 weeks on a solo trip. My flight is to London, I'm hoping to hit england, ireland, wales and scotland. Im more interested in national parks and sightseeing vs spending too much time in the city. Wondering what places you would recommend going to see and how long would i need there? Im more of a plan as you go type of person when it comes to travelling, but I know in europe you have to do a bit more planning especially…
does anyone know how hard it is to get a working holiday visa(WHV) in Ireland? Does Ireland give out many WHV, or are they a country that just take your visa application fee and never give out WHV? Also, how hard is it to find work there?