- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about England, Sco…
Welcome to the UK, described by Lonely Planet in the latest UK guide as "simply one of the most beautiful islands on earth". You'll find that whilst people can appear flippant and/or sarcastic on this branch, it's only part of the unique British sense of humour so don't take it personally.
Please read this thread first before you ask a question, hopefully you'll find your answer already inside!
Feel free to add anything relevant to the thread too. Before we start though, here's some advice from…
Hello all! I am studying in Derry for three months and I am not sure what to do about my cell phone. If anyone has advice on using your cell abroad for an extended amount of time, I would be very grateful! Thank you in advance!
I need to get between King’s Cross and Waterloo Main line stations a week on Friday (2nd September), arriving at Kings Cross around 1pm.
There seem to be three options:
Taking the Piccadilly Line to Leicester Square and then changing to the Northern line
Taking the Victoria line to Oxford Circus and then the Bakerloo line to Waterloo.
taking the Victoria Line to Euston and changing onto the Northern Line there.
I’ll have a small suitcase and back pack. I’m not as nimble as I used to be…
Hey all! avid traveler here and explored a great deal of Europe except for the UK and Central regions. Dates are not exact but I am looking to travel sometime in Sept. depending on flight prices. Would like to explore Ireland, Scotland and England or Budapest, Prague, Bratislava (Krakow) from castles to pubs and museums to hiking (weather permitting). Someone to travel with or meet up with, if our adventures overlap would be great. Unfortunately, my friends aren't in a position to travel at this…
No specific criteria, just name your top 3 favourite English towns/villages, preferably with a reason for each.
Mine are as follows:
1. Ludlow, steeped in history, borders Wales so good for trips.
2. Wells, has the perfect balance of history, is a market town and reasonably priced living.
3. Chipping Camden, a golden bricked village that is unique to the area.
I am visiting Ireland for the first time in October, flying in and out of Dublin. We arrive first thing Saturday morning and are planing to spend Saturday and Sunday night in Dublin, plus the following Saturday night as we fly out Sunday morning. I would like to visit different cities Monday-Saturday (can arrive back in Dublin anytime Saturday). We are not planning on having a car, will be relying solely on rail and bus. Any suggestions would be wonderful! Originally planed on visiting Galway…