- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about England, Sco…
Welcome to the UK, described by Lonely Planet in the latest UK guide as "simply one of the most beautiful islands on earth". You'll find that whilst people can appear flippant and/or sarcastic on this branch, it's only part of the unique British sense of humour so don't take it personally.
Please read this thread first before you ask a question, hopefully you'll find your answer already inside!
Feel free to add anything relevant to the thread too. Before we start though, here's some advice from…
Hi! Seeking another traveler for a quick 2-day trip to Isle of Skye (or related area)! Interested in moving quick, hiking, culture - very easy going and flexible. I plan to rent a car.
Depart: Sunday 9am Glasgow
Return: Monday night (worst case Tuesday 9am)
Let me know if you're interested and we can get in touch.
I need some help here. My husband and i booked our one way flight from Bristol to Dublin with British Airways for a reasonable price. It says for 1st checked bag no fee for up to 23kg. Is this per person or does it mean if we both have a suitcase only mine will be free and we will have to pay for his checked suitcase?
Secondly we are heading to Manchester from Dublin. The flights from Dublin to Manchester with British Airways are quite expensive so i am looking at Ryanair. I understand carry…
I'm arriving in Paddington Station with a one day transport pass and need to fly out from Heathrow the following day. I wish to book a room on AirBnB and would appreciate suggestions for a neighborhood location which is convenient to Paddington and Heathrow and still close to the hubbub of the city. Thanks for any help ...
I was just offered a free one way ticket from the u.s. to London Heathrow but I have to use it in 5 days and I can't change the date. The problem is that my passport will expire in about 4 months. Will customs at Heathrow deny me entrance because of this? Will the airline (united airlines) prevent me from boarding. My plan is to stay about 8 months there so would it be possible for me to renew my passport in Europe?
I have reserved a car through AAA. The cost at checkout is $155.00 without any of the insurances. The rental is for 6 days. I want ALL the insurance, a GPS and probably a WIFI hotspot.. What can I expect my total will be? Will that insurance include liability? Thanks
Dear Travellers, let me please ask a few questions about renting a car in Dublin.
I've tried to search for some answers already, though I am not that good with search engine here.
1) Should we rent a car through RyanAir, which we fly with, or should we book directly with the company?
2) We plan to stay the first and last night in Dublin, where we wonť need a car. Should we rent it in a city centre or should we go back to the airport for it?
3) I understand it is better to opt for Theft…
Came across info that might be useful.
"PlusBike is a one-stop shop for information about your combined cycle and rail journey.
It provides free and easy-to-access information to help you plan your journey and make it easier."
Other useful info on the site
Cross posted on On Your Bike
Next time I am in Ireland I am considering climbing it but I have found scant info on it thru the internet. Even my dad, who grew up almost in its shadows, know of no one who has climbed it. Just checking if anyone has climbed it or has advice or links on it.