Potsdam Day Bike Tour
Tour description provided by Viator
Take a day-trip from Berlin and discover UNESCO World Heritage listed Potsdam, all by the seat of your bike! From park lands to alleyways, you're English-speaking guide will recount historical anecdotes as you explore an array of Prussian and Cold War sites.
You'll travel to Potsdam by train with bike's in-tow before embarking on a leisurely ride covering approximately 10 miles (16km) over 4.5 hours. After all that exertion, break for lunch (not included) at a great beer garden that used to be the old royal dairy.
Delight in the sites as you pedal around Potsdam with your English-speaking guide, including:
- Sanssouci Palace: Explore the New Palace, originally the work of Fredrick the Great, the Orangerie, the windmill and gardens
- Historic Center: Ride through the Dutch quarter admiring the quaintness of Potsdam
- New Gardens: View the fantastic Marble Palace before going into Cecilenhof Palace, where Truman, Stalin and Churchill concluded the Potsdam Agreement. (Entry included)
- No man's land: Ride between West Berlin and East Germany over the Glienicke Bridge where Cold War spy exchanges routinely took place
This guided bike tour is the ideal way to compare the Potsdam of today - a creative energetic university town - with its contrasting past under communist rule, behind the Iron Curtain.
- Bikes, insurances, taxes
- Professional guide
- Rail transportation to and from potsdam
- Admission and audio guide into cecilienhof palace
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off