Eastern Comfort Hostelboat Berlin
AddressMühlen Str 73-77 BerlinSee nearby area
For rates, enter dates/guests
Description provided by property
The hostel boats 'Eastern Comfort & Western Comfort', looks forward to welcoming you onboard with its unusual atmosphere which is unique to Berlin!
The 'Eastern Comfort' is composed with 1st and 2nd class cabins all of them ensuite. Choose between the spacious 1st class cabins, with large windows, natural lighting and thus spectacular views of the Berlin Wall or the river Spree. Minibar and Tv available on request. Or view Berlin through the portholes of our 2nd class cabins, smaller but cosy. Also equipped with 3 and 4 beds.
Western Comfort the new boat is moored on the opposite of the Spree River ( 250m walking distance) western riverside, in Kreuzberg, West-Berlin. Perfect for low budget travellers because all the cabins from 1 up to 3 beds, with shared showers and toilets. The shared community bathrooms are centrally located on the upper deck and the spacious roof terrace sets the perfect setting for relaxing and absorbing Berlin.
The boat is equipped with a modern central heating system in every cabin to ensure comfort and enjoy the crackling fire in our stoves while eating breakfast, during colder times of the year.
Half our cabins on the boats have water view, the other half land view of the Berlin Wall. The earlier you book, the longer you stay with us the greater the chance to get a cabin with water view :-)
PLEASE NOTE: Berlin is under construction! The Spree river on the Western side is being renovated.
Effective immediately, our Western boat is in exile on the eastern side of the Spree river
for a number of months. Our guests will be happy because they will have only to walk 1min to their cabins after checking in!
East & West side by side; looking forward to seeing you on board(s)'
Moreover from the 01.02.2013 : Bedding & towel will be included in 1,2,3 & 4 beds cabins 2nd class Eastern.
- Free boat trips on the river Spree
(on request and dependent on the weather)
- 2euros discount on the 1st drink in our lounge ( for each arrival)
- A multi-lingual staff who are friendly and knowledgeable, offering excellent advice on tours, museums, galleries, shopping and of course night life.
- W-Lan/wi-fi hot-spot free of charge (your own computer on both boats)
- internet 1/half hour (our computer on Eastern Comfort)
- no curfew, open 24h with door code
- reception: 8h00 - 24h00 (Eastern Comfort)
- check-in 16h00 - 24h00 (earlier check-ins can store
their luggage at their own risk) Western Comfort check in 17h00-24h00
- check-out 11h00 midday (12h00 on Western Comfort)
- boat shuttle (sometimes ;-) )
- all you can eat/drink breakfast 8:30am-11:00am only 6
- if needed, valid for second class Eastern or Western Comfort, bed linen incl. towels 5euros / pers once. From 01.02.2013, bedding & towel will be included in all 1,2,3 & 4bedscabins second class Eastern only.
- non smoking (smoking allowed on the outside deck)
- bicycle-hire 12/day
- laundry service 5/load
- visa, master, EC, cash preferred
- shops/supermarket/cheep food within walking distance
- free city maps, free walking tours
- free city magazines/event guides
'floating Lounge' on 'Eastern Comfort'
You can chill out with a German beer, a drink or a little snack, after a long days walk through town in our lounge or on the spacious top sundeck. Don t miss our 'Language Party' every Wednesday with free entry for our guests !!!
Cabins Eastern Comfort:
1st class: large double-bed cabins with a modern bathroom and large Windows. Bed linen & towels incl. 2nd class with portholes: double cabins also have their own bathrooms and 'french'-beds (125wide), the three-bed rooms have one bunk bed and a single bed, and four.-bed have two bunkbeds and a private bathroom.2nd class Western : double bed cabins and triple bed cabins one bunk bed and a single bed. All with shared shower and toilettes. Bring your own bed linen or rent it at the reception for 5euros / pers once valid for second class
'Eastern and Western Comfort'
For security reasons, children under 6 years of age & non- swimmers are not allowed on board. Also pets because we have a cat ;).
Services & facilities
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Bicycle Hire
- Common Room
- Bicycle Parking
- Laundry Facilities
- Internet Access
- Luggage Storage
- Outdoor Terrace
Interesting places nearby
With its jaunty towers and turrets, crenellated walls and arched walkways, the Oberbaumbrücke (1896) gets our nod for being Berlin’s...
East Side Gallery
The year was 1989. After 28 years, the Berlin Wall, that grim and grey divider of humanity, finally met its maker. Most of it was...
The best time for a cold one at this retro lounge on the Eastern Comfort Hostelboat is at sunset when the sun paints the Oberbaumbrücke ...
It's green, ornate, a century old and…it used to be a toilet. Now it's a burger joint beneath the elevated U-Bahn tracks. Don’t fret,...