Frauenkirche

sights / Religious

Frauenkirche information

Location
Nuremberg , Germany
Address
Hauptmarkt 14
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

The ornate Gothic Pfarrkirche Unsere Liebe Frau (1350-58), better known as the Frauenkirche, was built as a repository for the crown jewels of Charles IV who, fearing theft, sent them instead to Prague for safe keeping. Beneath the clock the seven electoral princes march around Charles IV every day at noon.