Shrug off the hustle of the port in St-Tropez’s ramshackle fishing quarter, La Ponche, northeast of the Vieux Port. From the southern end of quai Frédéric Mistral, place Garrezio sprawls east from 10th-century Tour Suffren to place de l’Hôtel de Ville. From here, rue Guichard leads southeast to sweet-chiming Église de St-Tropez , a St-Trop landmark built in 1785 in Italian baroque style. Inside is the bust of St Torpes, honoured during Les Bravades des Espagnols.
Follow rue du Portail Neuf south to Chapelle de la Miséricorde , built in 1645 with a pretty bell tower and colourful tiled dome.