Medoc Vineyard Cycle
- Cycling through the stunning and diverse landscape of the Medoc region
- Visiting the famous wine houses and discovering the little known vineyards and their wines
- Soaking up the hospitality in small family run hotels
- Cycling through vineyards and chateaux on your way to the coast of France
Tour description provided by World Expeditions
This self-guided cycle will take you through the impressive Medoc in the famous Bordeaux wine region. The West section of the Medoc is shrouded in light and sun, and the Atlantic Ocean and its beaches are bordered with an immense forest. The East, located on the side of the Gironde Estuary, offers views of the winegrowing region. Beginning on the “wine road” cycle past well known chateaux and through the winegrowing boroughs which produce some of the most prestigious wines in the world. You will explore the diverse landscapes of the Medoc, visit superb Romanic Churches in the villages, and discover some unique Gallo-Romanic sites. This journey which follows a mixture of bicycle paths through forests and flat roads alongside streams and vineyards, will allow you to discover the exceptional natural and diverse surroundings of the region. After each day's cycle you will be warmly welcomed in some of the regions best hotels and charming guest houses.
- 5 breakfasts – continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee, tea and juices.
- 5 dinners – usually 3 courses with regional specialties featured.
- Table wine and coffee each night with dinner except day 5
- 5 nights in 3 star hotels and charming guesthouses with private facilities on a twinshare basis
- Transfer of luggage from hotel to hotel
- Maps and itineraries
- Arrival and departure transfer from bordeaux
- Tasting tips and tourist information
- Hybrid rental bike including lock, panniers and helmet
- 7 day emergency support service
- Day 1 - Arrive in Bordeaux and transfer to Pian Medoc
- Day 2 - Cycle through the heart of the "Medoc rouge" to Macau (40km)
- Day 3 - Follow the "Road of the Chateaux" to your vineyard guesthouse (53km)
- Day 4 - A circular cycle along the banks of the Gironde and estuary (40-50km)
- Day 5 - Through pine forests, vineyards and by the ocean to your hotel (60 or 65km)
- Day 6 - Taxi to airport or train station in Bordeaux, trip concludes