French Gourmet Cuisine: Dinner and Wine Pairings at a Paris Wine Cellar
Tour description provided by Viator
Enjoy a 3-course dinner featuring contemporary French food and fine wine on an evening in Paris! Taking place in an atmospheric wine cellar near the Louvre, the meal is cooked by a passionate and talented young French chef. Each haute cuisine course is matched with a glass of wine, plus you'll enjoy a glass of Champagne to start and a digestif to finish!
After making your way to a wine cellar near the Louvre, your evening of fine food and wine in Paris begins with a glass of Champagne. In a city renowned for its high quality cuisine, this restaurant offers the chance to enjoy delicious dishes made with only the finest fresh and seasonal produce, and designed to go perfectly with the wide variety of wines available.
Alongside your meal, enjoy three different glasses of wine -- each paired with the separate courses to complement your food. Note each wine’s complex flavors and tones, and you'll understand the role that wine plays in fine dining.
End your dinner with a classic digestif -- an alcoholic drink (usually a fortified wine or liquor) that aids digestion – and then leave the restaurant to continue your night in Paris on your own.
- First course: Duck foie-gras with apple and mango chutney and red onion jam
- Wine: Loin de l’oeil sweet white wine from South Ouest
- Main course: Duck Magret (succulent breast meat from corn-fed ducks) and pumpkin velouté (sauce)
- Wine: Saint Joseph red wine from the Rhone Valley
- Dessert: Moelleux au chocolat (dense chocolate cake with a melting center) served with vanilla ice cream
- Wine: Fitou white dessert wine from Languedoc
- Digestif: Chartreuse or Cognac
- 3-course dinner
- Glass of Champagne
- 3 glasses of wine
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off