Skip the Line: Versailles Palace and Gardens Walking Tour
Skip the Line: Versailles Palace and Gardens Walking Tour information and booking
Offer Details Book and travel by September 30, 2014, and save 10% compared to the local supplier's prices!Check prices & availability
Tour description provided by Viator
Experience the grandeur of Versailles Palace and Gardens on a small-group tour from either Paris or Versailles (the choice is yours)! Enjoy skip-the-line access, and then explore the palace and gardens in a small group of no more than 20 people. There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air at the Palace of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy.
The famous Palace of Versailles is Parisian life at its most luxurious, with gold-brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see. Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the most beautiful castles in the world with an astonishing 700 rooms.
This small-group tour is the best way to see the palace. Not only is the tour limited to 20 people, meaning you’ll experience more personalized attention from your guide, but it also gives you skip-the-line access, so you won’t have to wait in the long lines.
Inside the palace, peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the castle, including the King and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance. Your guide will talk you through the rooms as you pass them, each one entirely different from the next. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling gardens, more than 1,800 acres in size.
Versailles Palace + Gardens
Entrance to the Palace. The Fountain shows and Musical Garden shows take place in the Versailles Gardens on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays.
Versailles Palace + Show
Entrance to the Palace plus:-
- Versailles Fountain Display - See the magnificent Versailles Fountains Display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday, Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
- Musical Gardens Show - Be enchanted by the musical gardens event – Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
- Entrance ticket to the palace of versailles
- Entrance ticket to the gardens of versailles
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Small groups tour (maximum 20 passengers)
- Local guide
- Escorted transfer to versailles by train (if departure from paris is selected)
- Return train ticket for paris (if departure from paris is selected)
What isn't included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off