- Trek through stunning alpine scenery of the Queyras Regional Natural Park, France’s best kept secret
- Experience the exhilaration of traversing high pastures brimming with alpine blooms
- Opportunity to ascend small peaks with excellent views to Mt Viso
- Enjoying the culinary specialties in welcoming gîte and refuges
Tour description provided by World Expeditions
Nestled against the Italian border, the Queyras Regional Natural Park is considered one of the most beautiful in France. The area is characterised by its unspoilt hamlets where the traditional culture has been retained. For the keen walker the opportunities to view stunning mountains over 3000m, traverse high pastures brimming with alpine blooms and visit interesting sites as you hike are endless. Couple this with welcoming gîte and refuges and a chance to sample the wholesome local cuisine and you have the ingredients for an exceptional alpine experience. With your luggage transferred by vehicle daily, you are free to walk at your own pace to explore and absorb a fascinating pocket of the French Alps.
- 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners (does not include drinks) – continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee, tea and juices. dinner will consist of 2 or 3 courses which include regional specialties.
- 6 nights accommodation in mountain refuges / gîte hostels on a dormitory share basis. it is possible to upgrade to 5 nights in a double room – additional cost applies.
- Luggage transfer (max 10kgs)
- Provision of three ign maps per group* – route is waymarked. brief route description is provided. note: if you wish to purchase extra sets of maps (if you plan to walk separately) please let us know. a set costs eur25 (subject to change). *a group is the people in your booking party who you are travelling with, staying in the same accommodation. it can be as little as one person (if you are travelling solo) up to 14 people.
- Day 1 - Meet at Ville Vieille and walk to Montbardon (6hrs, 860m)
- Day 2 - Walk to Ceillac (6hrs, 1060m)
- Day 3 - Cross Col des Estronques to St-Véran (6hrs, 1010m - 1120m if you ascend summit)
- Day 4 - Walk via the Chapelle Ste-Elisabeth to Refuge Agnel (5hrs, 700m)
- Day 5 - Cross the Col Vieux with a view to Mont Blanc (5hrs, 510m)
- Day 6 - Walk to Les Fonts (7hrs, 1420m)
- Day 7 - Return to Ville-Vieille (5hrs, 600m), trip concludes