Local Living Iceland: South
All content by G Adventures
It’s impossible not to fall in love with Iceland once you lay eyes on it for the first time, and nature enthusiasts, active hikers and shutterbugs will fall especially hard for this trip. This Local Living experience introduces you to the unique populace of this tiny island nation as they lead you around their exotic, volcano-forged homeland, dotted with hot springs, calving glaciers, crystal-clear rivers and crashing waterfalls. Active options include everything from snorkelling between tectonic plates and whale watching tours to whitewater canoeing trips and ATV excursions, so come prepared to do all sorts of everything.
Day 1-5 Drumbó (4B,4L,5D)
Tour the Golden Circle with visits to the Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir hot spring area on Day 1 en route to your home for five nights. Share a house on the site of an old farm close to a river and small forest. Complete with two fully equipped kitchens and close proximity to a big patio with a hot tub and sauna, the setting is a perfect homebase for your Iceland exploration.
Day 6 Reykjavik (1B)
Transfer back to the capital and enjoy a half-day cycling tour around town. Enjoy your final evening with the group.
Day 7 Reykjavik (1B)
Depart at any time.
Optional activities and day trips
• Snorkelling between two tectonic plates at Þingvellir • Canoeing down the Hvítá River • Hiking along waterfalls, rivers and mountains • Whitewater rafting, caving, glacier hiking, or whale watching • Soaking in the therapeutic waters of the Blue Lagoon • Experiencing Reykjavik's vibrant nightlife • Relaxing at your home away from home • And more!
Making your stay seamless
• Dinners will feature home-cooked Icelandic specialties; lend a hand if you want to learn to make some new dishes! • One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Iceland to make your trip the best it can be and occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the area and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats that cover everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to showing you how to work the sauna.
- USA / Canada 1 855 667 9501
- United Kingdom 0844 272 2120
- Australia 1300 884 162
- New Zealand 0800 333 415
- Germany 01805 70 90 30 70
- Rest of World 00 1 855 667 9501