At the town centre on Raekoja plats is the Town Hall. Built between 1782 and 1789, it's topped by a tower and weather vane, and fronted...
Tartu’s main square is deliciously impressive, lined with grand buildings and echoing with the chink of glasses and plates in summer....
University Art Museum
The collection comprises mainly plaster casts of ancient Greek sculptures made in Europe in the 1860s and 1870s, along with an Egyptian...
This New Wave-inspired jazz vault attracts an artsy crowd who cluster around tables for lively conversations. Live jams happen during...
Definitely a place to impress a date, this sexy, black-walled restaurant-cum-vinoteque is a fine place for wining, dining and...
Lonely Planet review
Toomemägi, rising behind the Town Hall, is a splendidly landscaped park, with walking paths meandering through the trees. This hill is the original reason for Tartu's existence, functioning on and off as a stronghold from around the 5th or 6th century. The approach from Raekoja plats is along Lossi tänav, which passes beneath the Angel's Bridge (Inglisild), which was built between 1836 and 1838. A bit further up the hill is Devil's Bridge (Kuradisild).