Landgate

Landgate information

Location
Rye , England
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

At the northeastern edge of the town, this thickset pale-stone tower dating from 1329 is the only remaining gate out of four and is still in use. The name comes from the fact that, when first built, it was the only gate linking the town to the mainland at high tide.