St Edmund Hall

St Edmund Hall information

Location
Oxford , England
Address
Queen’s Lane
Telephone
+44 1865 279000
More information
www.seh.ox.ac.uk
Opening hours
10am-4pm
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

St Edmund Hall (‘Teddy Hall’ to residents) was founded sometime before 1317 and is the sole survivor of the original medieval halls, the teaching institutions that preceded colleges in Oxford. It’s best known for its small late-17th-century chapel, later decorated by William Morris and Edward Burne-Jones. Mohawk chief Oronhyatekha studied here in 1862 (and eloped with the principal’s daughter).