St Mary Woolnoth
Founded by Thomas Gresham in 1564, this imposing, colonnaded building at the juncture of Threadneedle St and Cornhill is the third...
Opposite the Bank of England stands porticoed Mansion House, the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London. Built in 1752 by George...
St Stephen Walbrook
Just south of Mansion House, St Stephen Walbrook (1672) is considered to be the finest of Wren’s City churches and, as it was his first...
With its counters and basement vaults this award-winning pub certainly looks and feels comfortable in the former headquarters of NatWest...
Royal Exchange Grand Café & Bar
This lovely cafe-restaurant sits in the middle of the covered courtyard of the beautiful Royal Exchange building and is a good place to...
St Mary Woolnoth information
In the angle between Lombard and King William Sts, Nicholas Hawksmoor’s St Mary Woolnoth is recognisable by its distinctive twin towers. Completed in 1727, it is the architect’s only City church and its interior Corinthian columns are a foretaste of his Christ Church in Spitalfields.