St Andrew Holborn
This church on the southeastern corner of Holborn Circus, first mentioned in the 10th century, was rebuilt by Wren in 1686 and is the...
This fine iron bridge was built in an effort to smarten up the area, as well as to link Holborn and Newgate St above what had been a...
The 16th-century half-timbered shopfront facade is the main interest at Staple Inn (1580), the last of eight Inns of Chancery whose...
Ye Olde Mitre
A delightfully cosy historic pub, tucked away in a backstreet off Hatton Garden (look for a Fullers sign above a low archway on the...
White Swan Pub & Dining Room
Though it may look like just another City pub from the street, the White Swan is anything but typical – a smart downstairs bar that...
Lonely Planet review
The crypt at the largely restored church of St Ethelreda , north of Holborn Circus, dates from about 1250.