Harbour, Port sights in King's Lynn
- Sort by:
Near the market square is Purfleet Quay, in its heyday the principal harbour. The odd boxy building with the lantern tower is the 17th-century Custom House, which houses the tourist office. Outside is a statue of Captain George Vancouver (1757-98), a local boy who charted 5000 miles of the northwest coast of the Americas; his family worked in the Custom House.