- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about South…
For the benefit of everyone dropping by the Brazil branch for the first time, please read this FAQ first. And I hope there can be some sort of way to moderate the thread to keep it updated and clean. I know there are some AWESOME regular contributors here who enjoy giving advice; I feel this thread can really help to condense the information available.
I'll go first, with some general thoughts from the South America FAQ. Many thank to Apollo for starting that thread and for a great idea…
We now are in Medillin heading to Las Lajas and further on to Quito. Is there a way to go from Quito to Leticia avoiding going back to Bogota which would mean to travel a long time in the bus or to spend a lot of money for the flight? Thanks!
We are thinking to combine Cotopaxi national park with the loop. But it seems awful complicated to take the bus from Quito to the park and then from the park to the loop. Is it a good idea to rent a car to drive?
My questions are:
1. How is the driving condition from quito and in the national park and the loop? Is it easy to drive?
2. We are thinking o park the car at the hotel in crater and hike all the way up to isinlivi, then take a taxi back to the car. is it a good idea?
Hi all! Next Friday I have a 8-hour stopover in Santiago de Chile and I would like to get out of the airport and briefly explore the city. I think I'll be only able to spend 4-5 hours there. Can anyone recommend me what is a must-see/must-eat and how to get from and to the airport? I'm a budget traveller (so I look for buses) and I love wandering around, go to markets and just give a walk around.
Thank you so much.
Been in Colombia for a month and just love it. However I am stuck on the Caribbean coast. So far I have been to Cartagena-SantaMarta-Taganga-Minca-lost city-tayrona-palomino.
Thinking of heading to the dessert in the northeast but a lot of people have adviced me to skip that one, plus I will do all of South America so more dessert will appear, so I won't go there.
However, I have no idea where to go now. I will definitely visit both Medellin and Bogota. The coffee triangle would I also…
Hi, so I'm looking at going to South America around this time next year for around 12 weeks. I was looking at starting in Colombia and making my way down to Patagonia, and then flying to Cancun to finish up for a few days. I'll be backpacking. Cancun is much better later in the year hence why I want to finish up there and not go at the start of my trip in September.
However logistically this doesn't make sense. It would make more sense (and be cheaper) to start in the south and make my way up…