- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about South…
For the benefit of everyone dropping by the Brazil branch for the first time, please read this FAQ first. And I hope there can be some sort of way to moderate the thread to keep it updated and clean. I know there are some AWESOME regular contributors here who enjoy giving advice; I feel this thread can really help to condense the information available.
I'll go first, with some general thoughts from the South America FAQ. Many thank to Apollo for starting that thread and for a great idea…
Hello all. I'm about to book a flight to Lima leaving on the week of the 10th of October, although that's flexible to shift to the left or right. I intend on travelling for around one month but can extend. I'm looking for a travel buddy for at least the first part of this trip, travelling to Lima from London. I know very little about S.America generally but I'm a seasoned traveler so figured.. "yolo" hahah :)
I'm a 28 year old English guy from London btw, just hoping to meet like minded people…
I'm hoping to visit Easter around November-December for around a week. I'm currently in Peru and travelling through South America so can't be more exact but it does mean In flexible. Basically hoping to share costs of food, transport, accommodation etc so just throwing it out there
Is it necessary to book this in advance, or would there be last minute packages available from Quito.
I would like to stay in December.
Also do the lodges stay open over the holiday weeks ie Christmas.
Hi, I'd like to see is there's anyone traveling around La Paz in October who might want to share some tours. I'm really interested in doing some 1 day treks but I will be traveling alone and unfortunately the tour companies need at least 2 people or they want you to pay double.
Anyone wants to share Chacaltaya - Huayna Potosí 1 full day tour? Here is the description
"Chacaltaya - Huayna Potosí
Chacaltaya – Huayna Potosi (1 day).
The two hour drive passes through El Alto and onto the Altiplano…
Does anyone have the sense of the weather in the Lago de Tota region in October/November? Trying to figure out how cool or warm to pack. Shorts and Tank tops or is it too cool that time of year? I recognize I'll need warm clothes for trekking in the mountains. Thanks
My wife and I recently travelled along the coast of Northern South America from French Guiana to Guyana and onto Brazil.
We relied on the Thorn Tree and other websites a lot when planning logistics/travel connections, but we didn’t find a lot of recent information. So here goes based on our experience.
- Our trip was fairly simple. Effectively following the coast.
- We travelled on public transport all the way.
- All prices are per person and current as of August/September 2016. Prices in…