Shark and Stingray Encounter at Ocean World
Shark and Stingray Encounter at Ocean World information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Beginning with a visit to a warm sandy pool, where a dozen or more gentle stingrays sweep the bottom with their velvety wings, you will glide across the surface of the pool with a mask and snorkel. Reach out and touch the backs of these friendly sea creatures! These gentle creatures no longer have their stingers, so you're perfectly safe to swim and enjoy the sensation of their graceful bodies moving around you.
Ever dreamt of getting up close with an ocean predator? Book a Shark and Stingray Encounter today to experience what very few people are unfortunate enough to encounter in the wild! This tour is something only few people get to experience!
Of all marine creatures, none is more fascinating than the shark! Ocean World is the only marine park in the world to offer guests the chance to hold, to touch and to explore the deep sea secrets of the nurse shark. Under the close supervision of trained staff members, you will touch, hold, feed and ultimately swim with a small school of adult nurse sharks. These magnificent creatures, some as long as 7ft, will amaze you with their sandpapery skin, their fearsome teeth and their relaxed attitude towards humans, giving you an understanding and an appreciation of this beautiful and awe-inspiring creature that very few people will ever share! This is truly the adventure of a lifetime and a rare opportunity to meet nature on its own breathtaking terms.
Combine with a Dolphin Swim Program
Dolphin Swim: The Dolphin Swim is the most popular program at Ocean World, it ultimately gives you the chance to experience a truly personal encounter with the dolphins. For 30 minutes you will spend some special moments in the water with the dolphins, sharing a kiss, hugging, dancing, feeding, petting and swimming. A 'human hurdle' and a spectacular dorsal fin tow will finish off the program!
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
- Round trip bus transfers (surcharges apply for some hotels)
- 30 minute shark and stingray encounter program
- Dolphin swim (if combo option is selected at time of booking)
- Snorkeling in tropical reef aquarium
- Snorkeling equipment
- Swimming in tiger grotto
- Sea lion shows (twice per day)
- Rainforest and bird exhibits
- Observation of all dolphin and sea lion interactive programs
- Use of dolphin beach (beach lounge chairs included)
- Use of the aquaglide water playground
- Local taxes
What isn't included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dolphin swim is only included if the combination option is selected at time of booking
- Lunch (buffet available for an additional us$14 booked and paid direct)
- Transfer surcharge (if staying in sosua, cabarette, rio san juan, bahia principe, playa grande and luperon)