Church of St James
The Church of St James's impressive 60m high Gothic tower dominates the central square. This 15th-century church replaced an older...
Holy Name of Jesus Church
Watching over the square are the twin towers of the baroque Holy Name of Jesus Church, completed in 1667 as part of a Jesuit college.
The best coffee on the square, plus beer and other alcoholic drinks, and inspirational black-and-white photos of Telč plastered on the...
Restaurant Švejk Na Zámecké
Classic Czech cooking in a pub-like setting next to the castle. The names of menu items, unsurprisingly, are taken from the classic WWI...
Telč Chateau information
Lonely Planet review
Telč's sumptuous Renaissance chateau guards the northern end of the Telč peninsula. The chateau was rebuilt from the original Gothic structure in the 16th century and remains in fine fettle, with immaculately tended lawns and beautifully kept interiors. In the ornate Chapel of St George (kaple sv Jiří) are the remains of the chateau's builder, nobleman Zachariáš z Hradce.
Entry to the chateau is by guided tour only. Two tours are available. Route A passes through the Renaissance halls and includes the chateau's most impressive interior, the Golden Hall. Route B explores the castle's residence rooms on the first floor, last occupied by the Podstatský family of Liechtenstein in the late-19th and early-20th centuries.