Nuestra Señora de los Dolores
In the former Casa de Gobierno (1853), the Museo Municipal houses a small historical collection that begins with a huge wall-mounted map...
Surprisingly colorful and happening cinema right on Parque Central.
The ominously named ‘little pig’ offers desperados various pork concoctions in a fly-blown interior.
Calle 28 · interesting places nearby
Nuestra Señora de los Dolores information
On the northwest side of Parque Central, this dinky, Mexican colonial-style church was built in 1926, after the original was destroyed by a hurricane. In 1957 the parish priest, Guillermo Sardiñas, left Nueva Gerona to join Fidel Castro in the Sierra Maestra, the only Cuban priest to do so.