- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Cuba.
Understandably, politics may come up when people talk Cuba. We accept that and believe it's both naive and unhelpful to pretend it's not a part of travel and Cuban experience.
However, if you wish to start topics on Cuban or U.S. politics then you have come to the wrong place, as this is primarily a forum for travellers and locals to exchange advice and connect.
If you'd like to post travel related news items please post a couple of brief paragraphs with a link to the complete article.
Flying in and out of Holquin in late September. Any ideas of cost of taxi from airport in Holquin to Gibara would be?
Also curious as of ease and cost of transport from Gibara to Santiago de Cuba? Seems relatively easy to make way to back to Holquin from Santiago via train or Viazul.
Seem OK to do in 5 days?
Hi guys, I have 11 days to explore my way up from Holguin to Habana.
my "draft plan" : Santiago De Cuba - Guardalavaca - Cayo Coco - Trinidad - Varadero (probably too much?)- Habana (and from there day trip to Vinales). I'd love to hear your thoughts on this journey and also your suggestions on how to move around the island. Car is really too expensive. Taxi and Viazul seems to be the better options even tho Viazul only travels from and to well known places. In terms of accommodation, I'm…
I was in Cuba two years ago and there was no feasible cell service there and internet was available via wifi at the big hotels and telephone company with the use of a $6 / minute internet service card
That internet arrangement worked well enough for what it was ... but does anyone have any recent experience with Cuba's cell or internet service situation which indicates the above has substantially changed recently?
thanks in advance.
Is it necessary book all casa particulars in advance from the because casa bookings are heavy and scarce if you try to get them once you are traveling in Cuba?.
Last time I went to Cuba in March two years ago , I booked my first casa particular in advance in Havana and then on I just very flexibly booked casas as I traveled one at a time. My current casa host would just call and find me one in the next town. No problem and it let me travel very securely and flexibly.
But with the increased…
I've been googling & searching this forum on this subject exhaustively but can't get definitive answers.
i know that at least of the 6 American carriers who have gotten permission will have started flying regularly scheduled flights to Cuba by then but ...
MY QUESTION: With these new regularly scheduled US carrier airline flights, does anyone know if independent self (non tour) travelers will be able to book and fly directly to Cuba direct from US or will we still need to self travel through…
Hi all - have found a few casa's via the different websites & facebook etc but wanted to know if anyone had recommendations. I am looking for an independent casa particluar with a kitchen & hopefully a living room space but kitchen for sure. I plan to stay in Baracoa for 8 weeks in January 2017. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
sorry my english....
In december/january I will visit Cuba for 28 days(!), I have some questions:
1. The 17 dec. in Santiago de las Vegas (village El Rincon), I want visit this place in the day of San Lazaro. What about the best transport from Havana? LP write about bus P12, P13, 15.....I dont want ask the private taxi.
2. The 24 dec in Remedios, I saw one film about "fiesta" in Remedios. Is possible see something interesting this day (24.12.) or maybe 25, 26 .....
3. Something about…