Views:
7
Viewed
Replies:
1
Replies

Hello everyone,
I'm getting a bit confused regarding when to go to Caño Cristales.
I've been reading posts en reviews and some say that it's ok in July, others say it's better late september/october?
So, who's been there and can avise me please?
I was planning 3 days in mid-july but I could go somewhere else and go to Caño Cristales another time.
My other plan is La Guajira...
Thanks for your reply!

Béré

Views:
1
Viewed
Replies:
0
Replies

Going through my old photos, i see that one i really wanted didn't turn out.

we took the cable car to parque arvi--highly recommended. the safety notice had been translated in a very interesting way, but i snapped it just as we were leaving, and the english 'do not jiggle about' is blurred.

do you have a photo of this? i would trade british candy for one!

in this photo, you can see the notice in spanish, bottom right. (not my photo)
https://labtofab.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dsc001661.jpg

Views:
5
Viewed
Replies:
0
Replies

Hi all

I readed on a post from last year that the road from Florencia to Popayan is very dangerous.

What about this year, did things changed - got better?

What road do I need to take if I want to go to San agustin & then up north?

IS the road Flo - San Augustin - La plata - Cali?

Is it still possible to visit purace national park?

All advices - road possible to get information welcome

Views:
6
Viewed
Replies:
1
Replies

I've heard contradictory things about the boat service between San Andres and Providencia. Can someone tell me how long the trip takes, how often the boat runs, and how it compares to flying? Thanks.

Views:
17
Viewed
Replies:
4
Replies

We are used to backpacking but wouldn't mind mixing it up and doing a few luxury activities/stays for this short post wedding trip. We already have our flight which arrives on the 10th of August in Cartagena and leaves on the 20th. We would mostly like to get in some beach-relaxation, don't mind taking one or two internal flights and are looking for help with our itineary. We are thinking of spending one or two nights in a cabana on Playa Blanca. Any other suggestions during this trip?

Views:
5
Viewed
Replies:
0
Replies

Hi,
I'm going to be in Colombia in 2 week and I'm looking for Spanish school for about 2-3 weeks.
I've been thinking about learning in cartajena (I consider bogota or medlin as well).
I know very basic Spanish for the moment.
does anyone knows any reccomanded school?
I prefer a school that rent apparents for the student's.
Thanks!

Views:
19
Viewed
Replies:
3
Replies

The guidebook left me hanging on a few things re: Tayrona...I'm traveling alone. I'd like to hike to Cabo San Juan del Guia. I don't have a tent. Is there a secure place to store things when you go swimming, or at night if you sleep in a hammock? Can you rent snorkel gear there?

Views:
13
Viewed
Replies:
1
Replies

Hello. :)

I am wondering if a high powered Vitamix (blender) from the U.S.A (the Vitamix pro 750 to be exact) with electrical information being:

120 V and 50/60 Hz.

Will this work in Colombia which I've read is 110 V and 60 Hz? They don't have this blender in Colombia so I am forced to use this U.S.A made one.

Would the 10 V difference negatively impact the blender in ANY way or form?
Thanks in advance for all help.

Views:
7
Viewed
Replies:
0
Replies

Hola....After a couple of nights in Manizales, we would like to stay at a coffee plantation for one or two nights in Chinchina...probably Hacienda Vicente or Hacienda Guayabal. From there, we want to go to Salento. What is the best way to get to Salento from Chinchina? Should we go back to Manizales and spend another night there, and then travel through Pereira? Can we travel easily from Chinchina to Salento without staying in Manizales or Pereira?

Views:
62
Viewed
Replies:
10
Replies

Hi guys,

I'm looking to travel from Colombia (Bogota) to Peru (Lima)in early August time as part of my trip. However, the flights I'm getting are ridiculous on Sky Scanner e.g. £410/$590 - cheapest direct, or an 11-hour two-stop flight for £298/$430.

Is this just case? Or is this because I'm looking so far in advance - am I better off waiting a few months, or even when I get there, to decide? I'm open to travelling from other areas in either country.

Thanks!