Old Protestant Cemetery
Museu do Oriente
This gallery on the premises of Casa Garden, the former headquarters of the British East India Company, stages interesting exhibitions...
Sitting quietly east of the Luís de Camões Garden is this beautiful colonial villa built in 1770. It was the headquarters of the British...
Church of St Anthony
Next to the roundabout outside Casa Garden, St Anthony's, built from 1558 to 1608, is one of Macau's oldest churches, and the Jesuits'...
An elegant haven in wood and stained glass, where twice a month, a jazz band plays to a packed audience. On most nights though,...
15 Praça de Luís de Camões · interesting places nearby
Old Protestant Cemetery information
As church law forbade the burial of non-Catholics on hallowed ground, this cemetery was established in 1821 as the last resting place of (mostly Anglophone) Protestants. Among those interred here are Irish-born artist George Chinnery (1774–1852), and Robert Morrison (1782–1834), the first Protestant missionary to China and author of the first Chinese-English dictionary.