Architecture sights in Liáoníng
- Sort by:
This 13-storey brick pagoda dates back to AD 1044. A small museum on the peaceful grounds includes relics removed from inside the pagoda. Take bus 205 from the North Tomb or the south train station and get off at the corner of Taiwan Jie and Ningshan Lu. Walk north, cross the bridge and turn right. The pagoda is a three-minute walk north of here. Look for a red gate on the right.
Don't miss the octagonal Dazheng Hall with its coffered ceiling and elaborate throne, where Nurhachi's grandson, Emperor Shunzhi, was crowned. The central courtyard buildings include ornate ceremonial halls and imperial living quarters, including a royal baby cradle.