- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Canada|http:…
This thread is intended to contain information useful to people travelling to Canada - please feel free to add anything relevant to it! Before we start though, here's some advice from the TT team:
Do a TT search! At least five posters a week ask what to do in Toronto, whether to go visit Niagara Falls on their way around the world, and whether it's possible to work under the table/overstay a tourist visa. The road is well travelled. Find those threads, add a reply (which brings the…
I love traveling and exploring. I am finally coming to the Rockies. But this time I am traveling alone with my son (8 months old). He is a rather heavier boy (almost 11 kg), thus i can't make a lot of hiking with him. Thus, i would really appreciate your advice on:
- to enjoy the area of Rocky mountains (we have 3 days), should we stay in Canmore or Banff?
- what can i do/see with a small kid without having to walk for hours or taking a car?
Thank you in advance!
Inbetween jobs, I'm looking to visit Canada for the first time (end of September to end of October) and looking for some help with planning & places to visit.
Had a look on the Canada forums and done a little research but lack of time means I'm trying to keep it simple.
From London will either fly via Boston - for a few days there - or direct to Canada (probably Toronto).
On a budget will not be driving but likely to use buses and just be looking to visit Toronto/Niagara Falls, then onto…
I am planning to go to Niagara Falls, Ontario from Toronto using the Gotranit bus/rail.
My idea is to get to Niagara Falls, then take the boat (I think HornBlower) from there to see the actual falls, do some local tours if possible, then get back by evening to Toronto
- is this possible to do this locally (ie: from Niagara Falls). or do I have to book from Toronto ?
- Also do I have to book in advance ? Can I book on the spot ?
- Are there any other trips I can do there apart from the…
I did a police record check for uber and I received the result by mail that my record is clean but I was riding a bicycle and stopped by police almost a year ago for failing to yield the right of way to him I think , he asked for my name, dob and address and let me go, no ticket or summons. I was concerned it will appear in police record check but I still passed. Maybe local police contact is not covered during police check search.
Hey guys, I appreciate that you clicked on my post. I've been pretty worried about my current situation lately...I'll explain as best I can. I am a citizen of the United States and my fiancee is a citizen of Canada. We met abroad (China). She came back with me and spent two months in the States, and then we spent a month and a half in Canada (July 9th to August 23rd) at her parents' place.
Our plan is for me to come spend the school year in Canada. I just took a flight home for a short while to…
Im in canada (toronto) for a few more days. I'm wondering if anyone is up for sightseeing or any road trips. Iv rented out a Ford mustang for a few days. I want to make the most of canada before I go back.
Me and a friend are traveling from NYC upto to Montreal for the Labor Day weekend. We leave Thursday Sept 1 to and return Monday Sept 5.First two nights in Montreal
Third night in Quebec City and fourth night back in Montreal::::
Transportation is covered. Please confirm soon if interested.
Will be in Banff by Dec 10th....know that the Northern Lights are somewhat unpredictable and Banff is not in a so northernmost latitude, but there is any register or experience of being able to see the Northern Lights at Banff during mid-December?