- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Canada|http://www…
This thread is intended to contain information useful to people travelling to Canada - please feel free to add anything relevant to it! Before we start though, here's some advice from the TT team:
1. Do a TT search! At least five posters a week ask what to do in Toronto, whether to go visit Niagara Falls on their way around the world, and whether it's possible to work under the table/overstay a tourist visa. The road is well travelled. Find those threads, add a reply (which brings the topic to…
I'm flying into Calgary on June 11 and plan to spend 3 days in Banff, 1 day in Lake Louise and 2 days in Jasper, then on June 19, jet to Vancouver for 2 whole days. I have varied questions and appreciate anyone's assistance. Thanks.
1) Any recommendation to do Banff or Jasper first, and of course including a long drive with multiple stops on the Icefields Parkway.
2)I'm good with directions and maps but should I get a GPS in the rental car. That is, are the places I'll want to go very well…
I'm going to be working in Kingston for a few weeks and as a first time visitor I'd like to make the most of my time in Canada. I had been thinking about going to Toronto one weekend and either Ottawa or Montreal? All three cities seem nice but Ottawa seems to have a boring reputation despite looking good to me? I enjoy walking around new places and eating local specialties, drinking coffees and walking round markets as well as a bit of historical/cultural sights. Suggestions and comments…
Hi, I would be grateful for any advise and help you could give. My friend and I arrive in Vancover on the 7th June and our return flight from Calgary leaves on 27th.
We would like to spent time in Vancover, Vancover Island, see lake Louise, Banff and arrive in Calgary with enough time to explore.
We don't particularly won't to drive so any advise on the best way to travel that would be great and any tips on places to visit.
We both like the outdoors so any tips on where best to experience…
I am hoping to make a trip to see Banff and Jasper National Parks and want to know how I can use public transport to go around as I will not be driving. What sort of public transport is available and where does it go up to?
We come from Italy and have never rented an RV before. We thought it would be more convenient with the baby because it would allow us to accommodate her daily routine while still being able to be on location and take images (I am a photographer).
I looked for some rental companies and saw that they do not allow babies less than 1 year old and 9…
Hope you can help.
I fly into Vancouver on the 15th May, and then fly out from Calgary (onwards to Toronto) on the 19th May. So I have a very limited time to get from a to b. Does anyone have any suggestions on which route to take? Where to stop? Any must to things?
I am aware that I should be doing this trip over a lot more days but with work constraints I have had to fit the flights in where I can.
Please help, all advice gratefully received,