- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Canada|http://www…
This thread is intended to contain information useful to people travelling to Canada - please feel free to add anything relevant to it! Before we start though, here's some advice from the TT team:
1. Do a TT search! At least five posters a week ask what to do in Toronto, whether to go visit Niagara Falls on their way around the world, and whether it's possible to work under the table/overstay a tourist visa. The road is well travelled. Find those threads, add a reply (which brings the topic to…
Hello. We are a family (with children 7 & 2 years old) and would like to get off from Montreal looking for wild nature, heartbreaking sceneries...maybe up to the north? Can anybody tell us a doable route? Is it better to rent a RV or to sleep in youth hostels? Is end of August a good time to do so? We have been in the rockies and Alaska, and liked them so much...looking for similar landscape or (even better)tundra / fall colors. Thanks so much.
I'm going to Montreal for 2 weeks around the 8th August for a family wedding. I'll spend maybe 5 days in Montreal seeing family and exploring the city and then would like to escape to nature with my cousins - light walking, lots of lake/river swimming, sunbathing and eating. I am from London and completely unfamiliar with Canada and wondered if you have any names of areas I should start looking at to begin my search of where to go - nothing more than half a day's drive from Montreal. I'd…
Hi can you help? Is this feasible -
- a family of four (one teenager), travelling to Vancouver (visiting Rockies/Baniff National Park), Toronto and Halifax in 3 or four weeks in June/July?
- 3/4 weeks for all - is this enough time?
- what is the best way to travel between each city (fly / RV / train / combination of both)
- what are the best places to see in each area?
- any 'must see' tips
I will be heading to Moosonee in February for work. I heard it will take some time to get there (coming from Toronto, so either involving 2 flights, or 1 flight + a 7-hour train ride) so I imagine that travel time will take up much of the days surrounding the day I have to be there (i.e. have to be there for a Wed, so will be travelling on Tue & Thu if I go home right away). I am wondering if it is worthwhile to stay an extra day or two and explore the area as I have never been that far…
Hi All :)
One of my good friends is getting married in Bella Coola (her home town) this summer (July).
I'm going to be driving up from Vancouver, planning to take two days each way, and I'd like to go through Whistler one direction and the other way the other direction.
best place to stop overnight? (Hoping for halfway or close to halfway). Things to see/do along the way? Best places to eat? (I'm not a picky eater. I love food. All food. ;) ). I love hiking, quirky shops/towns, scenic…
My partner and I will be travelling from NZ on a trip to Japan, the UK and Canada in April this year. My partner has a Belgian passport which will expire very soon - February - so we are exploring the possible option of her applying for a Belgian '12 month temporary passport' given the expected turn-around time for a new 'full passport'.
My only concern with this option is that I've read some countries have issues accepting temporary passports.
Unfortunately I have been unable to find…