Quidi Vidi Battery

sights / Military

Quidi Vidi Battery information

Location
St John's , Canada
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Built in 1762 and still symbolically guarding the bay from up the hill is Quidi Vidi Battery. Built by the French after they took St John's, the battery was quickly claimed by the British and remained in military service into the 1800s.